Monday, March 30, 2009

Watch What You Say

I was going out yesterday to go do some shopping at Costco while Kindra stayed home with the kids (The Girl had just woken up, Colin was sleeping) when Danica asked me where I was headed. Thinking I was being cute while attempting to keep her from coming with me, I told her I was going to get a bear.

The Girl (eyes wide): “A big bear?”

Dad: “Maybe.”

TG (a little worried): “I don’t like big bears. I want a little bear.”

D: “I’ll see what I can do.”

TG: “I just like little bears.” (Holds up thumb and forefinger showing just how small a bear).

I thought it was pretty funny, especially since she reminded me to get her a little bear as I was leaving the apartment. It got funnier when I received this text message from Kindra as I was driving:

You’d better come home with a little bear! Daddy going to bring me a wittle bear! I going to show my bear my apron. Is it a talking bear? I going to feed my bear my applesauce.

Heh.

And no, I did not show up with a little bear. I almost went to Target to get her one, but had too many other errands to run. When I got home, Danica asked where her bear was, but I told her I couldn’t get one, and she dropped the whole subject. *Whew.*

I know… I dodged at HUGE bullet. It’s kinda strange, because she’s been super sensitive recently and will cry at the drop of a hat. Double *whew.*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

little kids have a memory like an elephant - they just don't forget! :)

a mindless zombie said...

Yeah, you better still get her one or it's going to bite you in the *ss.