Sunday, December 14, 2008

Standard Car Conversation

This sort of conversation happens to Kindra on a pretty regular basis in the car. Just out of the blue, Danica will say something as if the wheels have been turning for a while…

Girl: “Mommy, I scared of tigers.”

Mom: “What? Why?”

G: “Because dey might bite me.”

M: “They aren’t going to bite you.”

G: “Dey might!”

M: “They aren’t going to bite you because we don’t live near any tigers.”

G: “…”

Six seconds later…

G: “Mommy, I scared of dinosaurs, too.”

M: “!?!?!??”

G: “Dey might bite me, too.”

M: “Dinosaurs are not going to bite you.”

G: “Dey might!”

M: “Dinosuars are not going to bite you because they’re all dead.”

G: “…”

Six more seconds later…

G: “Because people DIED dem?”

M: “!”

Not really sure where the dinosaur thing came from, but I’m guessing that the tiger reference is because we’ve been watching Kung-Fu Panda, whose main villan is a tiger (well, it’s a snow leopard, but… eh).

No comments: