Friday, December 5, 2008

I’m Sorry I Didn’t Take Care of It First

Crap. It’s been a month since I posted anything, which really speaks to the volume of work and lack of rest that we’ve had as a family these past few weeks.

Anyway, you might be wondering what the picture of the John “Hot Plate” Williams 1989-90 NBA Hoops card is for. It’s actually Colin’s first basketball card. Kindra had brought the kids by the 76 Classic (http://www.76classic.com/) at the Anaheim Convention Center where I was working last week so that the family could have some dinner together. While we were talking, an older gentleman came up, pulled out the card, and offered it to us as Colin’s first basketball card. He said he usually kept a couple of cards on him to give to kids, but didn’t have one for Danica because he’d given them to his grandkids earlier.

My only regret is that I wasn’t he person to give Colin his first card… I don’t even care if it’s of a player whose NBA career was cut short because weight issues who was playing for a team that has since changed its name (the Washington Bullets are now the Washington Wizards for those of you not in the know). John Williams entry at Wikipedia here.

Hmm… now that I tell the story, it sounds a little creepy.

No comments: