Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Danica!

Happy 2nd birthday to my girl… I can’t believe it’s been that long already. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital (an eerie coincidence that we brought home The Boy from the hospital today). More on all of that later…

* * *
Had my first brush with real parenting tonight… I was holding The Boy and messing around with Flickr while Kindra was in bed at 11:30 p.m. I was just thinking about ten minutes prior that it was amazing that The Girl hadn’t woken up and walked out of her room, so naturally, I jinxed myself. Sure enough, I hadn’t been holding him more than five minutes when I look up and see her toddling out, clutching her blanket.

After the initial, “Oh, crap!,” I thought that I might get her to walk back to her room, which was clearly a ludicrous thought. So I held Colin in my left arm, picked Danica up in the right, and figured that I had to put Colin down in his bassinet before I could put Danica back to bed.

Walk into our room (where we’re keeping Colin for the time being), realize that I have to put Danica down before putting Colin safely in his bed (BIG mistake), put The Girl down, she screams bloody murder as I put Colin in bed (giving Kindra a serious heart attack), scoop up The Girl, and spend the next twenty minutes in her room making sure she falls back asleep.

This parenting stuff is fun!

2 comments:

a mindless zombie said...

And how many more kids are you planning to have? =)

Blog reader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.