Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pullin' Out All the Tricks

I was lying down next to our couch today with Danica standing near me drinking out of her sippy cup when I caught whiff of a diaper in distinct need of changing. I asked Danica if she’d pooped, to which she shook her head “no,” in reply. I’ll take this opportunity to mention that over the past couple of months, she’s developed a real aversion to having her diaper changed. We’re not really sure why, but we have to distract her by giving her an object to inspect while we change her.

Now, I’d told Danica that I was lying down to take a nap, and when I started to get up, she dropped her sippy cup, grabbed my shirt sleeve, and pulled me back down to the pillow I’d been lying on. She then proceeded to put the blanket back on me that I’d been using, and laid her head down on the couch next to me, then ended up moving closer to me and snuggled up next to me.

Anything to get out of having a diaper change, I guess. I should also mention that she tends not to lay her head down for very long in any circumstance, so it’s not like she was going to end up taking a nap next to me. I was surprised she managed to lay her head down for more than five seconds. Still… I’ve got a super cute (albeit manipulative) daughter.

No comments: